CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Nov 8, 2007

Friday's Frankly Speaking...

I am a born again, holy ghost filled Christian. This does NOT make me perfect, especially to man. God is however, working on me daily. The past few months I have felt His chisel working overtime on me! As each year comes and goes, new situations (at least in my life) arise, and I'm not sure how to get through it, thankfully ( at least in hind sight) God shows me the right path.

Correction is not always easy to bear. I have seen many people being corrected, chastised of God through the Pastor (who is the one God has set over us) and they leave. Why then were they coming to church? To learn how to get along with others? How to be wealthy? Just to socialize? Isn't the purpose of going to church and listening to the Preacher to be directed, guided and loved by God? To learn how to live for God on a daily basis and know what God wants for our lives? I know that is why I go to church!

We must have a humble, willing and obedient heart. Willing to look honestly at ourselves, and obediently follow Gods will. At times to get through the chastisement/correction of God, I need to earnestly pray and read His word to get to the place God wants me to be. I cannot allow my emotions or pride to rule. I use to live that way and I was miserable. Thank God for His saving grace and His loving mercy that has changed me. God loves me unconditionally and has given me so much more than I am worthy of.

Therefore brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Romans 8:12-13 KJV

0 comments: